Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Midway


Must be brief, running out of batteries and time.
Some pictures. In no particular order, unfortunately. No time to be artsy.

This is the back patio of the Labri Manor, where I spent all but one night while in Stellenbosch. The body of water in the rear is a "plunge pool", an unheated (by anything but the sun) pool about 1.25 m deep, just for refreshing on a hot day. I was on the patio the last afternoon before leaving, because it was stinking hot. And I used the pool--took the plunge, as it were.


Now I'm waiting at Heathrow Airport, again. It's about 0930 on Tuesday (I think). Virgin Atlantic Flight 019 leaves at 1100. So, not much time, this time, to 'blog'.


After the conference I had a couple of days to look around. Mac (Leila's partner) and I drove into the mountains that frame Stellenbosch, and found a fly-fishing trout farm. It was fairly pretty, as you can see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home