Friday, November 10, 2006

What An Interesting Couple of Days

I've been unable to use the guest-house computer for the past two or three days. What a pain. Lots has happened, but I'll only be able to shorthand it now that the news has been accumulating for a couple of days.
It's almost 11 PM. I've just come back from dinner with Iain (my old head of dept) and a couple of his friends. Today was the last day of the conference. Iain's off on an excursion to a cave site where they've got beads and ochre from ~75,000 years ago. It's hugely important, but as always, I'm the only one in the world who's even a little bit sceptical about the dating.
I've met a few very nice people here, and been shunned, for the most part by the rest who have any idea who I am.
I've got some great souvenirs, and I very much look forward to getting home to my family. Thanks for the comments! I have a couple of days here that I'd originally planned for any excursions that might have been on offer. However, the only one was, for logistical reasons, only advertised to a couple of dozen people. So, I'll be able to drive into the mountains and have a look around. It's really beautiful around here.
I'm very, very glad at the results in the election. But I wish I could have been a lot gladder. It doesn't seem right that the Bushies and the Republicans get to have so many Representatives and Senators. Wish the Demos a lot of luck.
I'm really tired, so I'm off to sleep. Please keep a candle in the window so I can find my way home!
Be well.
I'll try to post again tomorrow, and from there on. But it remains to be seen if I can get access to a 'puter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PICTURES!!!!!!!!! I WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAY IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND DON'T SEND ME PICTURES!!!!! I WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!

9:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home